Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Need your help! - AMBER ALERT



Louisiana, Missouri - Authorities in Pike County have issued an Amber Alert for Alisa Maier out of Louisiana, Missouri. Family members say 4-year-old Alisa Maier was playing in her front yard Monday evening with her 5-year-old brother when a black four door passenger car pulled up and took her. Her brother was the only witness, as their parents were inside at the time, and stated he saw his sister get in the car with a man he did not know. The FBI has now joined the investigation. Alisa Maier has brown hair, brown eyes, weighs 40 pounds and is three feet tall wearing a white t-shirt and blue jean shorts. The description of the abductor is possibly a white male with dark hair in his late teens or early 20’s. Police were searching a small creek behind the girl’s home this morning.


READERS:  I thought that I could use this blog to serve some good.  Pass this on to others.  If you do a search for her name you can also Tweet this information and/or post it on FB.  Let's do our best to bring this little girl home safely.



This is the kind of stuff that freaks me out.  I am sure it has gone on forever, but I guess the older I get, the more aware I am of these situations, and, now, having children of my own, the more it scares me.  I wish that we could protect our children from all danger, but it seems that we, as parents, keep trying more and more yet society just gets worse and worse- this is, of course, is my perception of the world around me.  What happened to, "It takes a village to raise a child."?  I wish we all lived by that motto.  I want people to make sure my children are behaving correctly.  Heck, I want people to behave correctly.  I can't tell you how rude people can be these days.  I think the only bleeding hearts I've seen have been exposed when I have been pregnant.  It is a shame.  We really should do more for each other...

Let's help bring Alisa home safely.

No comments:

Post a Comment